Algebra 1 - Class Files
This introductory course in Algebra will provide students with a foundation for further mathematical studies. We'll have an exciting time exploring the core ideas of math, from solving abstract equations to searching for patterns in the world around us. We are going to have so much fun together this year! Algebra 1B is probably the best math class ever. I know you may be skeptical now, but give me 3.14159 weeks.
You can locate homework for the course in the drop down menu under Algebra 1 (up top).
I expect students to be familiar with the student handbook. I will enforce it to the letter. My classroom expectations boil down quite nicely.
- Respect other people, their property and classroom equipment
- Timeliness is expected
- Students should bring all needed materials with them to class (i.e. book, 3-ring binder, writing utensil, paper, glasses, etc.)
- No food or drink in the classroom because of the carpet and the mice (water is allowed)
What You Will Need
- 1 ½ inch 3 ring binder
- 5 tabs (with or without pockets)
- Lined paper
- Graph paper
- Calculator: we will use a classroom set of TI-84 Graphing Calculators everyday in class.
If you would like to purchase a graphing calculator for use at home, here’s what you need to consider: http://andrewbusch-bvsd.weebly.com/graphing-calculator.html